The fourth event in The ELLA Foundation’s Let’s Talk Mental Illness Community Discussion Series will explore the intersection of religion, faith and mental illness.
The event will feature a panel of local experts, including:
- Rabbi Steven Henkin, Congregation Agudath Achim
- Dorthie Cross, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology, Georgia Southern University
- Rev. David Messner, Unitarian Universalist Church of Savannah
- Sister Pat Brown, SSMN, LCSW, retired Director of Catholic Charities of South Georgia and former president of the Clinical Social Work Association of Savannah
- Imam Khuzaima, Islamic Center of Savannah
The ELLA Foundation’s founder and Executive Director Charity Lee will moderate the discussion.
Information about local nonprofits, community agencies and other organizations dedicated to providing mental health support will be available on-site. This event is open to the public; a $10 donation is suggested. To learn more, visit ellafound.org/lets-talk-mental-illness-discussion-series.
Donate to The ELLA Foundation: http://bit.ly/2tPV1HK
About The ELLA Foundation:
Following the tragic murder of her four-year-old daughter, Ella, by her 13-year-old son, Paris, Charity Lee founded The ELLA Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization aiding those affected by violence, mental illness and the criminal justice system through education, support and advocacy.
Through Empathy, Love, Lessons and Action, the foundation strives to transform those who committed acts of violence as well as victims of violence and to facilitate positive change.
To learn more about The ELLA Foundation, visit ellafound.org.
Sponsor: The ELLA Foundation